View Single Post
      12-02-2008, 10:05 PM   #208
Gearhead999s
Major General
Rep
Drives: RR Velar R=Dynamic M2C R1200GS

Quote:
Originally Posted by footie View Post
Listen, this turbo lag is being blown out of all proportions. Who here has driven either a RS6 or a 997tt, I for one have and compared to any other 'turbo' engined car they are both pretty instant on the throttle response. Would it be as instant as a well judge throttle like comes in an M3, probably not but it's not the dreadful thing that some here are saying it is.

For heaven sake I have yet to hear one review complain or make a comment regarding either cars throttle response which proves my point. Anyway there is numerous other advantages of having turbo or supercharging which more than outweigh the minor concerns of a throttle not being as instant as before.

P.S.
Sticking your head in the sand or your fingers in your ears will not make the inevitable go away, BMW like every other will have to shift to FI in the future.
I have driven both cars and I certianly noticed that both cars were turbo's in the 1st few moments of driving both.
The RS6 is a wonderful big sedan but certianly not a sports car because of its size & weight and because of the automatic the response issues of a turbo are very well masked and makes this into a extremly competent year round fast sedan.It still has the issue of when it is at high boost levels small changes in the throttle opening make non proportional changes in the power output and this also applies to the 997 TT.I like like the 997TT an aweful lot but if it was my money buying ,it would a new C2s for everyday as I think it is a much more of a drivers car than the TT.I guess that I like having a much more linear power delivery than A FI engine can offer at this point in time.
Appreciate 0