View Single Post
      01-21-2017, 04:18 PM   #8
Ruiner23
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: E92 Space Gray DCT

Quote:
Originally Posted by srmast1 View Post
OP how many miles did you put on it? With so, so, so many miles on it, a potential buyer might be more apt to buy if they knew when/how all those miles were acrued and how often oil changes were done, and if warm up procedures were followed properly through the majority of those miles. Also, not to flog a dead horse, but if you want any chance of selling this thing, you probably want to have either redone the rod bearings, or account for that in your asking price. Also knowing for sure whether or not the engine was replaced (and when and by whom and where the newer engine was sourced from) would really help. Potential buyers question the condition of engines and rod bearings in m3's with as little as 60k miles so imagine the type and frequency of questions pertaining to this vehicle. I feel like in order to get a good street value, at least some of these questions must be answered.
I've had the car for about a year and have put about 4K miles on it...mostly weekends and I do drive it responsibly but occasionally I like to stretch its legs.
I recently changed the oil, transmission and diff fluid(receipts available), the dealership I bought it from replaced the starter and throttle actuators. I may take it in to a shop to see if there are any engine replacement indicators but in the meantime since I cannot prove that the engine or bearings have been replaced, I would price accordingly.
Appreciate 0