View Single Post
      06-26-2013, 03:17 PM   #12
slicer
Major General
Rep
Drives: 'E46 M3 Race Car, '23 X7

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbass524 View Post
The OZ Challenge is low pressure casted. When compared to flow-formed wheels they aren't typically as light or as strong. So you can trust OZ for cool looking wheels but I have seen 3 cracked Ultralegerras. Not the same wheel but I believe the same manufacturing.

This doesn't mean you won't have good luck but for the price you can buy much better wheels: APEX, TRM, etc.
See the link below. You are correct that these wheels are low pressure cast (according to press release). As a result, they are a little heavy (I think around 24 lbs). They do however have TUV approval which is a good thing. I have not observed ultraleggera failures but that wheel does seem very light relative to its size. I think the OZ Challenge is built a little tougher considering its weight. I honestly don't think most OZ's look "cool" myself. Their designs and offsets are not all that appealing to me in general (including the Challenge wheel which is a little plain). I do however think the Challenge wheels seem like a good track option and OZ has a far better reputation than the alternatives you suggested.

http://blog.tirerack.com/blog/hunter...orsche-and-bmw
'04 M3 - Fall Line Motorsports Built Race Car - S65 swap, Dry Sump, Bosch Stand-Alone ECU, Drenth Sequential Trans, MCS 3-Way, Flossmann Wide Body, Brembo Motorsports Brakes, Drexler LSD, BBS E88 Etc.
INSTAGRAM - @Slicer_M
Appreciate 0