United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 Honda S2000, 2017 GT350

Garage List
2011 E92 M3  [9.35]
2014 BMW i3  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarbonFoot View Post
Thanks for sharing your feedback on the bars and plates. I have the RD bars as well, but only have the front on at the moment. I've been a little gun shy to put the rear on for fear of inducing too much oversteer.

Does it feel like the middle setting in the rear gives you the sense that you're more on the brink of oversteering or breaking traction? Or is it really giving you that much more confidence to carry more speed? It would be an interesting test to adjust the bar from the middle to the low setting between runs to guage the effect.

What, if any, lube did you use on the sway bar bushings? I used a little silicone lube and it broke down fairly quickly and began squeaking. This is easily fixed in the front, but not so much for the rear.
Yes the middle setting definitely gives you the sense that it's ready to oversteer, but it doesn't feel like it's just snapping into it out of nowhere. I can almost predict when it's about to happen before it does and I'm ready for it. I'm just not good enough to feel that perfect slip angle and ride it through the corner yet...at least not consistently. I should probably go to the softer setting in the rear next time to see how that works out.

I've only had my sway bars on for a few months so no squeaking yet. I'm sure it will happen eventually, but I'm fine with it.

My pet project: https://stickershift.com
Appreciate 0