View Single Post
      09-15-2007, 11:35 PM   #44
ruff
Conspicuous consumption
Rep
Drives: 987 S .2, Lemond Zurich

Quote:
Originally Posted by southlight View Post
It's quite amusing that you're making a resonable point (you're right, better brakes like the PCCB on the Porsche should result in a better time) and then you draw the wrong deduction out of it. So I may explain to you why it's a not so good idea to brake hard into a corner with the C2S. When you're braking the weight shifts towards the front axle with the result that you're having less grip on the rear tires. Doing so with a car that has much weight on the rear axle (like the C2 S with 62 % on rear) will fast result in loosing the rear. This is the reason why the early 911 generations were so tricky to drive. Nowadays the ESP mostly prevents from bad incidents when one doesn't know that, but it's still not a way to get fast times on a track.
Still in the mood of being cynical? I promised not to show you up, but if you want so!?

Best regards, south
First off South, I really do like you, and you have my blessing with showing me up all you want. It's a good learning experience. I hope you feel the same. I just returned from watching the Koni and Rolex series completed at Miller Motor Sports Park today. What seemed evident, though it is a stereotype, that the M3's in general would make gains on the straitaways and the 997's would make up the difference in the turns, as I said previously, they could drive harder or in other words carry more speed in to the corners than the M3s. I "hypothosized" from my observation of this that 997's tend to have better brakes and M3's tend to have a stronger engine. I was pleased to see the Turner M3 #97 win the Koni race yesterday. South, why do I have to repeat myself, I did not say the 997 could brake harder into a corner as you said I did. This is the second time you have misquoted me then tried to make your "technological" argument with your misquote. Your first misquote of mine was your little rip on me about sharing my opinion with another poster about awd. You said, where is my technological evidence the Audi is any better then Xdrive?...Well I provided obvious facts and repeated them twice yet you never provided an ounce of your own technological genius as to why the Xdrive is as good or better than Audi Quattro. You then again gave it to me saying I didn't use technological proof....ya, ok. What is this thing with you and BMW this, and BMW that, and BMW everything. Are you BMW's #1 marketing department head volunteer? If so, you deserve better compensation.
Appreciate 0