View Single Post
      02-06-2009, 09:37 PM   #24
matt beard
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 09 AW/FR 6sp.E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by DakarE36 View Post
Well, this isnt really the first generation CTS-V at all, the last one was more or less a disaster, and they have worked out all the kinks out of the system (by switching chasis') and putting in a proven LSA motor in to make it move. GM can be called alot of things, but they are reliable cars, and this car has already been out long enough for rumors of poor build quality or any other kind of glitch to be heard about.
I just test drove the thing today, and let me tell you, its one impressive car.

I knew it would perform well from all ive read, but its got a really refined interior that one wouldnt expect in an american car (which i think peaks that of BMW's these days, which are unexplainably bland) and a ride quality similar to that of the closest thing to a new sporty BMW (the Z8) only handles much tighter.

The brakes are fantastic, and it just seemed to me like a very well built car, i for one am very convinced that its a great car, and hell some more people should buy some american cars, it couldnt hurt our atrocious economy.
Nice post, I could'nt agree more. Actually, the CTS-V is a tremendous vehicle. It's build quality and interior components are actually superior to much of the German and Japanese offerings. And the power, yeh. In the end though, the look and feel of the M3 just lured me in.
Appreciate 0