View Single Post
      09-12-2012, 07:13 AM   #1
Azlondon
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: E92 M3 ESS 650

ESS VT2-650 Build

Heres my build thread of my 2008 M3 in April. It came with DCT, EDC and all the usual features.

As good as it was, I couldn’t help but miss the power from my charged E46 so got in contact with Roy over at CA to discuss which way to go about adding some more power. We decided to go with the ESS VT2-650 kit as I had an ESS kit on my previous M and were happy with reliability and the performance.
Whilst waiting for the kit to arrive, CA and I went on to look at the safety and handling side of things. Stoptech BBK front and back were decided upon as were Eibach springs.

With the extra power I felt I needed larger width wheels and ordered in some VMR 710’s, 9.5 up front and 11 in the rear.

ESS recommends using race cats with the 650 kit so the challenge street x pipe was ordered as well as an Eisenmann race back box to add some beefy notes.

The ESS kit arrived and CA took care with the installation of the parts and with giving a red look to the ESS plenum to match the Stoptech brakes. The work was carried out at Autoenhance and the guys did a great job.

With the main work now completed I then spoke again with CA about the cosmetic side of things. The budget would only stretch for me to get a front splitter, rear diffuser and carbon spoiler so the custom front bumper will have to wait until Xmas!

I was confident in ESS’s Kits reliability as I had already tested it on my previous car however this new kit provided me with supercar levels of horsepower and so what better way to test it than to take it on long trip around Europe so last week I took part in the Cannonball 2000 and it handled the task very well, surprising many supercar owners. It was a great trip.

Big thanks have to go to CA for spending so much time and effort in the build of the car and get it to the spec it’s at right now. Their advice has been indispensable and couldn’t be happier with the work that was carried out.

Thanks for looking
Appreciate 0