View Single Post
      06-01-2008, 03:37 PM   #10
TTBear
Captain
Rep
Drives: '20 Huracán/'19 M2Comp/'23 X4M

Quote:
Originally Posted by GFP View Post
Where in Canada are you at? I have a m3 coupe on order and i plan on using it as a daily driver as well. I second guess getting this rear wheel drive monster every now and again since winter in Edmonton can be scary!!! Curious of your location since you've had past winter experience with your e46. Seriously, no Canadian winter concerns with these awesome machines? I ordered mine with the 18's so I can use them with winter tires in winter and am getting aftermarket 19's for the summer.
I am located in Saskatchewan. South of Regina. I originally stored my e46 M3 for two winters, but then, figured "why the hell should I drive this car for only HALF of the year?" I wised up, bought some OEM M3 18" rims, put Dunlop Wintersport M3 rubber on them (245 all around - not ideal), and have been laughing ever since. Seriously, unless there is LOTS of snow on the ground, the M3 will be great in the winter. I am super picky about my cars, and the M3 is as tight as could be. Paint is perfect, no corrosion, no squeaks or rattles. With proper winter rubber, it is a GREAT winter vehicle. it doesn't come with a block heater (I don't even think there is one available), and not once has the M3 ever failed to start - not even close, and that is after sitting outside in minus 35 degree Celsius temperatures all day long.

I think in three winters, I haven't been able to drive the m3 on perhaps four days - all due to huge dumps of snow that we even had trouble with my wife's X5 on winter tires. I often pass SUVs going up even slight inclines - it's all about the rubber. With a cautious throttle, and patience, snow/ice/slush are of no concern. really. On the days that I was unable to drive the M3, conditions were such that ALL cars were having difficulties (except maybe my neighbour, who drives a Hummer on winter rubber).

The M3 is made to be driven. Why not enjoy it year-round?

Last edited by TTBear; 06-03-2008 at 01:10 PM..
Appreciate 0