footie
Major General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: i4M50

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by swamp2 View Post
My lack of keeping up to date on this car is showing. Thanks for the correction. I do agree with your point that stock it stock and that is all that counts. I am quite curious to know if these tires are basically DOT legal race tires. That will explain pretty much everything wrt the lap time. 10-15 seconds for tires removes this as an outlier.
swamp2,

Am I right in thinking that in your opinion street legal race tyres like the ones on the CSL and others can make as much as 10~15 seconds over a full lap of the ring.

If so could someone explain to me why the improvement aren't found with the M6 compared to the M5. I believe the M5 did it's lap (8:13) with normal street tyres while the M6 did it's lap (8:09) with street legal race tyres, when you consider that the M6 is not only lighter but because of it's CF roof has also a lower centre of gravity, all things which in theory should improve handling and acceleration you would have thought that in combination with these tyres the gap would have been bigger than just 4 seconds.

What's your opinion on this or is it as simple as some cars seem to perform better with these tyres than others.
Appreciate 0