View Single Post
      08-23-2012, 06:49 AM   #28
CSanto
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2015 BSM/SO M3

Also consider going for a ride in an SC M3. The power is still all the way at the top of the rev range. So it doesn't exactly solve lower end torque.

You may trap similar speeds to a GTR but that GTR is going to give you much more of a throw you back in your seat feel.

Don't always go for fastest. My brothers 1m is a blast to drive. Arguably more fun than the M3 but I know I'm quicker. My car has higher quality interior. It definitely feels less race car and more GT than the 1m but in life there are always trade offs.

In reality I didn't think a supercharger would make the M3 more fun. Faster yes, but once you get used to the straight line speed it's the same hamburger.

Which is why I personally made the same decision. I'm waiting for the F80 M3. Enjoying this high revving NA motor for another few years. (I've already had 4 years of ownership)

Good luck in your decision. I also really wanted a GTR but I stopped pursuing one because I like buying cars new and a new GTR is 98 which I feel is way over the top. The F80 M3 should come in under 80 or at about 80.
Appreciate 0