View Single Post
      08-05-2012, 09:14 PM   #42
mitch32
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F82 ZCP

Quote:
Originally Posted by m3alabama View Post
M dynamic mode in the rain? Sounds like you were up to something in terms of spinning the tires or drifting for fun. Or you are just stupid which does not sound like it is the case.

Listen man this is total crap BUT you really can't give bmw any excuse to void a warranty and unfortunately this is as much evidence as they need to show clear evidence of redlining the car at a speed 1/4 of what it is supposed to be at redline. Only a burnout (which is not just smoke-it means any spinning of the tires without much forward motion) Usually this produces smoke but in the rain it will not but still a burnout
The speed isn't the issue, the redlining is/was. No matter what it should not be any cause to void a warranty 2000km later especially on the diff. I'm 99% sure (even 100%!!) that everyone who owns an m3 has redlined the car at one point, and if they haven't someone has (a mechanic, friend, wife/husbad, family member, etc...). They scanned the car and they told me thats all they found, and to be honest I'm pretty conservative when I drive the m3 as it was/is my daily driver and 95% of the time I'm in traffic. The only real wear my car should see is clutch and brakes because of the traffic. I've seen way too many cars on this forum with diff issues, and there's also engine bearing issues on 08's but thats another thread not meant for this one.
Appreciate 0