11-27-2013, 07:21 AM   #32
KmndntKlink
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2010 e92 m3

Quote:
Originally Posted by BimmerRob08 View Post
Put it this way, I just want pads that won't fade or wear in four or five aggressive driving days up/down mountain switch backs, especially on the way back down. I would equate that to a light track day to some extent.
OEM might be good enough for you then, depending on how long you're driving. I agree, you don't want them fading on the way down! if they wear out and you don't want to pay M tax on another set, maybe get a street performance set, like the stoptechs street performances. They're designed for aggressive street driving so should suit your needs perfectly.

I might just get a set of track pads too and force myself to learn how to swap them. Apparently its pretty easy. OEM pads are great on the street (except for the ridiculous amounts of dust!), a little more stopping power would be nice but I've never gotten into an accident because my brakes weren't good enough!