01-24-2010, 01:23 AM   #43
Bob MG
Moderating
United Arab Emirates
Rep
Drives: like a muppet

Quote:
Originally Posted by marwan View Post
hi guys, im about to go out and order the Akrapovic Evolution exhaust now, is there anything i should know before hand? any dos or don't? and what about the "CEL" message you guys have been getting? anything to worry about?

thanks guys!
Buddy if you had called Nate and paid by credit card when you first posted you would have it installed by now took 7 days from order to delivery and that's because it was over December/newyear. Probably would have been 3 days!!

I havE had no CEL but I have had a flash tune, which from a power gain persepective, I think you should do anyway.

BMW is offering a Performance software map! I think it will be a conservative map but still it shows you that these cars are so detuned from the factory to keep them within safe perameters for longevity.

I love my Evolution System, puts the M3 into a different category, there is soo much more midrange, and the sound has no drone, so is like a factory performance car. I think the M3 GTS video best pinpoints the sound, since it has 200 Cel HFCs and is titanium to.

Do's: wipe the system down with a soft cloth before starting the car to remove grease and fingerprints from install.
Appreciate 0