View Single Post
      11-30-2012, 10:03 AM   #1
Yugo
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: M3

Decisions...

I have several questions and I apologize if they have been covered before, but have had this crazy idea lately. Here it goes:

Currently have an E46 M3 zcp w 33k miles (garage queen) and have a four banger as a daily driver. Thinking of selling my daily and buying an E90 M3 in the spring. At that point I would either split the weekly driving between the E46 and E90 or make the E90 be my primarily/daily car. Most of my driving is on the highway.

I would be looking for E90's with approx 30-50k miles...probably some of them will be out of warranty if I decide to go for an '08 or '09 car. I probably will be driving the car for a year and half (max) and moving onto something else. Plan on keeping the E46 for good.

My main concerns are how is the E90 as a daily? Any major maintenance that I need to worry about given the above mileages? I hear S65 loves the gas pump, but how bad is it really? Also DCT vs Manual...have never driven DCT, would this be a hard thing to adjust to coming from a 6spd?

Never really had much love for the E9x M3's, but lately have been toying with the idea of just wanting to experience that high revving V8 (which I love) and been also lurking a lot on here lately due to the fact that I relate better to most people on here than E46 sec of the m3forum.

Appreciate any valid input!
Appreciate 0