11-28-2012, 02:33 PM   #1130
dagolfpro
Colonel
Taiwan
Rep
Drives: 2011 E90 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by valen View Post
I understand what you're saying but new ones aren't $62k either, unless you are getting it bone stock. The one I was going to get brand new was $74k and then another 2-3k for add-on like tint, gap insurance, etc. so around $77k out the door which is a $15k difference. Had I not purchased all the add-on for the 09' it would have been a reasonable deal for a low milage car. I also traded in both my other cars and got a super low interest rate so it ended up saving me like $800 a month, so I'm happy regardless.
Everyone has a different thought process. Some are willing to pay $15k more for a new car, some thinks it's stupid. I was in a similar situation last year. Buy used 2011 with all the options for $59k and 24k miles. Or new for $68k. I went with new for $68k. Some would have said I was stupid, some would have done the same thing I did.

$52k vs $74k for 3 year old car is a much bigger gap, but did you get a great deal? Probably not. The key is that you're happy with your purchase. Which sounds like you are. Congrats on that. Don't let myself or others make you think otherwise. By posting here, myself and others will tell you how you faired on your purchase.
Mods List: Evolve Exhaust | M Perf Steering Wheel | Tint | Lux | Hardwired V1 | KW V3 | Volshlag CP | Brembo BBK | BBS FI | Yokohama AD08 R| Schroth 4 Point Harness | Challenge GT Diffuser | OEM GTS Wing| GTS Lip| I lied earlier, I wasn't done with mod, but I swear, I'm done now, no more mods...
Appreciate 0