View Single Post
      10-10-2012, 10:24 PM   #28
cstreit911
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2001 Porsche GT3 Cup

Quote:
Originally Posted by mastek View Post
Thats a joke right? Do you know how easy it is to manipulate numbers on a dyno.
Yes I do. Which is why we have the dyno operated certified. Use only ONE brand of dyno with fixed parameters. You can modify weather, smoothing factors, tons of things, however these are all documented during runs. However his car was also vetted against the NASA Nationals controlled dyno. So either it's a grand conspiracy and ALL the operators are in on it for Stefan, or he dyno'd at the number he said he did.

Quote:
Have you ever operated a dyno?
No. Don't need to. We hire professionals to do it.

Quote:
BTW, is there a NASA official at this dyno run?? (quick answer, NO)
Wrong answer. Yes, there is. His name is Paul Milligan. Next?

Quote:
And which dyno is preffered (dynojet, dyno dynamics, mustang)?
My point here is that it's currently an "honor" system and I've seen my share of "dis-honorables". Until there is a quick and cheap way to check, like a portable GPS/accelerometer black box on each race car, you'll always have skeptics like me. Or is it that I'm just not fast enough?? hmmm
There isn't a preferred Dyno, there is a dictated dyno. Go ahead and read the rules of GTS. Here is the link: http://nasagts.com/images/stories/20...ries_Rules.pdf

You'll see that we sanction only ONE brand of dyno to keep the results consistent. We have rarely seen any variation from run to run. Certainly not 50-75 HP. We have seen that on DynoJet to Mustang which is why last year we outlawed Mustang's for certification.

Quote:
I'm glad its a 'fact' now
Look, I do or dont believe his car is 275 rwhp and over 3100 lbs race trim -- thats my right to do so. However, I have seen alot of guys claiming one number (usually whp) yet know for a 'fact' the number is higher since I happen to know the dyno operator. And Ive seen this more then once. So I'm glad you have all the faith in e92 and I aplaud his skill at the track -- and am NOT calling him specifically a LIAR. Just reserve the right to speculate based on experience.
It's absolutely your right. ...and yes, you did not specifically call him a liar, you just *implied that "perhaps" he was not telling the truth* by saying "Sure Buddy". I also know the dyno operators at Nationals. They dyno'd all the cars with a NASA official present.

So to summarize we have very specific and repeated official checks on our cars to ensure the HP that they show on certified dyno's is verified by officially run NASA dyno's. We also DO install accelerometers in cars (see my comments above) to correlate both the certification, official, and post race dyno results. Certainly some elaborate scheme to trick the dyno's and the accelerometers installed could be done, to win that $5 trophy... ...but race results would start showing this pretty apparently.

E92/Stefan wasn't walking away on the straights. The EPIC Detune is well-known and documented. I have 320HP in my GT3 Cup (333 stock, 320 through a restrictor) and I was pulling Smith and can (and have) pulled E92 on the straights in my GTS4 car with similar weight. I have been on track with him many times. If he had 350 HP how would that work? So from this we can conclude that either:

a) he has stated his tune accurately or

b) Both he and the others have an elaborate plan to trick the dyno's, the GTS correlation device, the official NASA Dyno, AND whenever they see me or another GTS4 car coming, they back off on the throttle so we don't get suspicious.

Now which one seems more likely?

Last edited by cstreit911; 10-10-2012 at 10:32 PM..
Appreciate 0