Garage List
2000 BMW M5  [0.00]
1990 BMW 735i Turbo  [0.00]
2008 BMW M3  [7.50]
2015 BMW M3  [0.00]
2015 BMW M5  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by aussiem3 View Post
Does this mean in addition to activating the premium sound there are other functionalities that require coding? Like the equalizer etc. My sound hasn't been the same after the CIC implant. When I make changes to the equalizer settings, the gains are minimal. I don't know whether this is me or it's really happening.

Any advice will be appreciated.
There are many specific changes in the coding depending on what your vehicle is fitted with. As an example, if you take a CIC unit from a 335 and put it in the M3, you won't have M-Drive functionality.

The equalizer and everything should theoretically work as long as the car that the CIC came from had the same sound system you do. In every car that I have retrofitted with CIC from the CCC, the sound quality and clarity has DRASTICALLY improved. I think that the CIC has much better sound processing capabilities. Not sure specifically what your issue may be, but having it properly coded to the car would alleviate these concerns and ensure that all of the settings are correct and consistent with your vehicle.

Best bet is to have it recoded to spec to match your car as if it came installed from the factory.

In terms of the PnP activation modules, I have had zero issues with the ones that I use. Going the FSC code route is well over 100% more expensive. As Patrys said, if you go with the activation module, map updates will be based off of the donor VIN. Not really an issue as I see it. I can pull the original VIN that the CIC came from remotely for your records to update maps in future years.

-----| Like us on Facebook | Instagram || Tuning Information | Remote Coding |-----
----Visit us at www.BPMSport.com - Emotion. Driven. | Toll Free: (888) 557-5133----
Appreciate 0