View Single Post
      09-29-2008, 09:31 PM   #20
whytboy
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2008 335i Coupe

just got home and read his letter.... He is basically threatening me with a court case if i do not stop speeding....
here is my respond letter:
Dear Mr. Eugene Crabs,
It has come to my attention that you do not approve of my driving preference. My initial response to this was that I was amazed with how much time people have on their hands to be able to observe someone’s driving habits with a cunning eye. My next response was that I was afraid, afraid that someone was observing me when I wasn’t aware of it. Knowing that someone is watching my every move, someone is watching my ever action, just the thought of it gives me goose bumps.
Then I thought for a moment, if I was really at fault in this situation. I said to myself, “this man is claiming that I have hit 40mph in a 25mph residential area, which he swears could be told by the naked eye”. That’s a really big claim there, having the ability to judge speeds with just the naked eye. My friend, you should have chosen the law enforcement career. You would have been amazing at it, giving tickets left and right writing in the citation, “excessive speed of 10mph sensed by my eyes”. Here is the downside to it, I clearly remember only exceeding the speed limit by 1mph. So studying the facts, either you do not have a radar detector built into your sensory organs or my speedometer is off extensively. I doubt the second case is true because I went in for service September 20, 2008 and BMW services didn’t say anything. I can supply the paper work. Your camera recording argument is not valid because at different angles cars appear to be at different speeds, its basic physics
Mr. Crabs, I would like to say that I have as well seen you cause disturbance in kara court. I have seen you giving the middle finger to my siblings and to myself in multiple occasions. Please, you must realize that there are children living in this neighborhood and this type juvenile behavior does not look right coming from a grown man like you. Plus, what message are you giving the wonderful children living in our quiet residential dead-end Kara court. Actions like these slowly bring violence and last time I check all homeowners of Kara court want our community to be safe from violence. I'm sorry that I did not get a recording. I just don’t have the time, determination or effort to set up a camera outside my house recording you (not to mention that its illegal to record someone without their permission/ signing release form) disturbing the peace in our quite and beautiful neighborhood.
What I am getting at here is that if you had asked us kindly, instead of you cursing and giving violent gestures, we would have happily and gladly fulfilled your request and the situation would have never gotten this far. In your letter it states that you have asked us to slow down, yet I never recall you doing so. I clearly remember you showing us your middle finger while yelling out cuss words.
We will fulfill your request, not because we are intimidated by your threats, but it is the right thing to do to keep my neighborhood safe for the children. As a matter of fact when I pass by your house I’ll reduce my speed to 20mph just to make you happy. Maybe happiness will scare away your cursing habits.
Thank you for wasting my time with you ridiculously long letter.

xxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxx
Matawan, NJ 07747

P.S. Can you send me the video recording of the BMW. You can email it at khankyle@gmail.com. By the way you stated it, it sounds like it came out really good. I would like to upload it on youtube.
Appreciate 0