View Single Post
      09-26-2009, 06:04 AM   #86
Robin_NL
S0THPAW
Rep
Drives: HS M2 Competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by footie View Post
My guess is the 2 RS4 you raced were pre-fixed models that were well known to produce less than the quoted output.

Please answer this question, if the 335i is so quick then why has it been comfortably been beaten on numerous occasions by the new S4 with 85hp less than the RS4.

Also, I agree that the M3 is quicker than the RS4 but only a little which all the evidence is even available here on this very forum. Unlike you I have witnessed first hand a race between an RS4 and a manual M3 and though to speeds didn't approach their limiters it was enough to confirm to me that it's BS to believe it's any walkover for the Beemer.
The new S4 is supercharged and way more expensive , at least here in EU continental than a 335i, we already discussed that months ago, the RS4 V8 is an atmo with problems with power output, which some of us here didn't believe a year or so ago......and dunno if they were prefixed whatever, one had 440BHP according to the owner(...)My ex 335i was a really really fast one...stock.

My E90 M3 is not a LITTLE faster than those RS4V8s, it's much and much faster also beyond 100mph. But if you don't believe it, I don't care, I'm just stating real world facts.

Last edited by Robin_NL; 09-26-2009 at 06:19 AM..
Appreciate 0