11-04-2009, 03:21 PM   #586
deshields
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finnegan View Post
I would have taken away the same "message" you did. For what it's worth there were quiet a few people who did not have a negative impression of your thread or you but rather took a wait and see approach expecting that what you said would come to pass.

Perhaps we should have been more vocal in support as the negative voices were pretty loud and there were quite a few of them. When threads devolve like this one did at some points my usual reaction is to just walk away. I usually feel I want to jump in and show some support, but I've seen that when someone does that, even in a positive non-personal way, it just makes things worse and winds up the negative folks even more and things just go downhill faster.

Maybe that's the wrong approach? Maybe I should have jumped in and showed my support? I'm not sure what the best approach is when things turn sour--I still think entering the fray just makes it worse. I do think what South and the other Mods did (put a stop to it) was the best approach and the one that's the most likely to succeed.

All I do know is that you were treated poorly and unfairly, you came through in the end, and my hope is that valuable folks like you will stick around the forum. At the same time I do realize this experience means that information like this will be kept out of the limelight and folks like you will be less likely to contribute in the future. I understand that, and it's just a sad commentary on the state of affairs.
I agree with that. Many of those same idiots attacked the site admins and claimed they were liars too when they posted spy photos of the real car. Who attacks a BMW site admin as a liar??? What stupidity! In the end, those naysayers just proved themselves as being stupid and the real BMW fans like savage come out on top. Many of us know they were acting stupid and you are right, we should be vocal with support next time. Good guys win in the end. End of story.

Cheers to savage.ulm1