Garage List
2000 BMW M5  [0.00]
1990 BMW 735i Turbo  [0.00]
2008 BMW M3  [7.50]
2015 BMW M3  [0.00]
2015 BMW M5  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Omar@VelosDesignwerks View Post
Figured this thread could use some good info for potential FI guys.. regarding AFR

From our understanding and knowledge the ESS software is designed to target low 11’s to high 12’s based on conditions and load. The higher the EGT, oil temps, load etc…the vehicle is experiencing the richer the AFR. When a vehicle is cool and is in more ideal conditions the software will adjust to run leaner in order to make more power. This is why when you see dyno’s of the ESS kits the AFR’s will often vary. Along with the fact that tail sniffers are sometimes off a bit. (ESS please correct me if I am wrong)
Sorry, this is not the way it works at all.

The VT625 targets .83 lambda at redline. That's 12.2:1 roughly.

We're talking about too lean here, not too rich.

The full throttle lambda aim 8x1 map is simply based on RPM while at WOT.

The car is not going to adjust when it's cool and run LEANER than what the targets are set to to make more power. This map is designed to set the targets period, and the DME will do a number of things to try and achieve those targets. It's going to try and hit the set targets period.

-----| Like us on Facebook | Instagram || Tuning Information | Remote Coding |-----
----Visit us at www.BPMSport.com - Emotion. Driven. | Toll Free: (888) 557-5133----
Appreciate 0