United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 Shelby GT350

Quote:
Originally Posted by hks786 View Post
+1

The A4 could have been much better. It does look great but:

- doesnt look like a complete redesign
- rear lights and rear bumper make car look lazy. Lights are a little droopy and bumper is too rounded.
- bootlid isnt quite perfect.

I think what Audi needs is the equivalant of the BMW CS Concept. That Concept gives BMW a promising future in design. I say Audi is about half-way there. They have proved they can produce great designs like the R8, TT, A1 etc. They are all unique models.

At the moment Audi's grilles make all their models look the same. That needs to be resolved. Headlights are always the same on all models too. They have great LED assemblies, but the overall shape is still rectangular. Also, their Avants/Sportbacks always have the same rear lights. See the A4/A6 Avant and A3 Sportback for reference.
Exactly. I'd like to see a general design focus car like the CS for Audi. Something with a new direction. I'd like to see Audi evolve their corporate grille design.

As we've seen with the CS, BMW plans on changing up a lot (we can even see this on the F01, but whether or not that turns out looking good is something we'll have to wait for):
-Headlights seem to be raised higher and seem to be more dependent upon what angle you look at them from
-New angel eye LED tech
-A break away from the usual central lower air damn flanked by two brake ducts
-Elongated/enlargened grilles
-A more modern take on the L-shaped taillights, with interesting usage of LED-bar tech
-Lower swuage line flare (as seen on the E82 1er and the F01 7er)
-Change in character line (seems to be raised, and will have breaks in it on some models)
-Break away from the usual boring all-silver wheels on non-M's (that's my personal guess judging from the F01)
-Multiple hood creases
-Roof creasing that continues the lines on the hood
Appreciate 0