07-04-2011, 07:52 PM   #70
gthal
Major General
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2018 340i xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by -=Hot|Ice=- View Post
I agree with all of your points. The BMW is a great car, but how hard would it of been to put in the GTS engine, and price it around 3-4 grand more? The C63 AMG is a couple grand more then the M3, equally loaded. Putting in that GTS engine would of made it future proof for years to come. The reason I would of opted for the Cayman S is because BMW is milking the M division. The orange peel on the car is horrendous. The interior quality while better than the regular line, still leaves more to be desired. The M3 is BMW's most reliable car. If you look at a couple of the most recent threads, people seem to be complaining about the fender and the hood being misaligned, cars going into limp, etc...If they had put in that 4.4L engine. I'm not saying that the M3 doesn't have enough torque for day to day duties. I ride a sport-bike and high revving is what it lives for....17k redline. The point I'm trying to make is that if BMW had put in the effort to tune the engine with 310-320 lb. ft. of torque then the car would of been perfect. If they had put in the GTS engine, then the e9x M3 would be the BEST M3 in history in my opinion. The weight of the M3 doesn't help it's case. ~3700 pounds is sad. I like cars that don't make me feel like "What if they had done this or that to it?" The M3 for me offers what I want and want from a car, but the C63 AMG coupe is a car to watch. It offers the power for day to day, and the same usability as the M3. The C63 AMG BS is going to blow anything that BMW has out of the water.
Good points. I'm less optimistic that the C63 AMG coupe will be the better drivers car but who knows? Hopefully, BMW does something great with the F3x M3 that keeps it at the top of its class and delivers a linear but higher torque engine. I'm worried that the turbo won't be the engine the S65 is overall but I remain cautiously optimistic.
2015 M4 | Austin Yellow | DCT
2012 MB C63AMG | 2011 E92 M3 | 2010 E92 M3
Appreciate 0