04-10-2013, 11:03 PM   #58
Mr Tonka
is probably out riding.
United_States
Rep
Drives: Something Italian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW E90 View Post
Yeah you're right. I knew that Ford wasn't the first person to invent the automobile, I was trying to say something else but rushed to finish it. Anyhow, while the iphone revolutionized the phone industry, it is now lacking innovation. What have they innovate in the last few years really? All I'm saying is if Apple is still top dog and has been innovating and the competition simply can't keep up, its stock prices wouldn't be as low as they are now.

I too like the iphone because it is simple to use. However, IMO Apple is getting cocky and thus don't want to do much. That's something I don't want to buy into.
Again, i'm not cracking on android phones or am i saying that the iphone is the best. What i and others are refuting is your comments about innovation. There is a big difference between innovation and improvement. The idea and execution of the iphone platform was innovation. Everything since this has been improvement. We're saying that like apple, android OS has only improved over the last several years, not innovated. There has not been an industry changing innovation since the iphone. The screens for instance are not innovation. Either bigger, recognizing more gestures or more pixel saturation, it's just improvement, not innovation.

Innovation isn't something that happens in the technology industry very often. It's advancing so quickly that many manufactures are focused on making what IS now, better tomorrow.

It appears that mind set is consumer driven. You're view point is a perfect example. Despite a lack of real innovation you perceive many different models and changes in looks and feel as innovation when it's just improvements.

Last edited by Mr Tonka; 04-10-2013 at 11:09 PM..
Appreciate 0