04-10-2013, 10:48 PM   #55
BMW F22
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: ///M235i

Quote:
Originally Posted by MP0WER View Post
Brush up on your history bro. Ford is notable for the assembly line which made early autos available to the masses due to the cost of production shrinking. And domestically speaking, they are on top. They did NOT invent the automobile.

I get the feeling that you haven't a clue as to what innovation is. Ford's legacy is innovation. What they did changed the world. Your life, should you have been alive in that time would not have been the same. Were there smart phones before the iPhone? Yes. But after the iPhone was released they have never been the same. As said before, nearly everything you value in a smartphone, android or otherwise can likely be traced back to apple & the iphone.

Would i want to drive a mustang over my M3? No, but i owe much of what my M3 is not only to ford, but the mustang as well.
Yeah you're right. I knew that Ford wasn't the first person to invent the automobile, I was trying to say something else but rushed to finish it. Anyhow, while the iphone revolutionized the phone industry, it is now lacking innovation. What have they innovate in the last few years really? All I'm saying is if Apple is still top dog and has been innovating and the competition simply can't keep up, its stock prices wouldn't be as low as they are now.

I too like the iphone because it is simple to use. However, IMO Apple is getting cocky and thus don't want to do much. That's something I don't want to buy into.
Appreciate 0