View Single Post
      11-22-2006, 10:56 AM   #17
obLu
Major
Rep
Drives: 330i 6MT ZSP

I'm kinda with Ward on this one; the dude completely spazzed and started spewing filth directed at one person. It's still not completely clear what that person, or reportedly persons, did to provoke the attack. And yeah, there's WAY better ways of handling it.

And yeah, there's a big difference between racial jokes in a comedy act and racial insults directed at a single person.

But I'm a little tired of everybody jumping on the boo-hoo politically correct bandwagon. The insults were directed at ONE person. That person gets to be some serious levels of angry. The rest of america doesn't get any right to feel sorry for themselves about it.

Instead they get to see what an a$$hole Richards is, and decide they don't want to see or hear anything from him again.

Richard's apology needed to be to the person his anger was directed toward, and the audience that had to witness it. Not to everybody on public television. We don't have any entitlement to any kind of apology, nor should we want one. Everybody needs to see that he's only doing it to try to save his career.

And to make a blanket statement about the state of racism for the entire country based on one person's spaz attack is just as bad as racism. It's making a sweeping generalization without merit or fact.

And while I'm at it ... I'm more than a little pissed that the media is jumping on this for their own gains.
Appreciate 0