05-31-2008, 04:39 PM   #24
GT3 Tim
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 MB E63S

Quote:
Originally Posted by MDCTFTW View Post
Ok update ...

I drove 40 miles to my dealer today because I figured my CA would be cool and really help me try to figure it out. When I got there I pooped my hood and a bunch of service guys were listening for it. We could all hear it pretty audibly. Like GT3Tim said ... the engine is so new that nobody had any idea what is was so all we could do is pull up another M and see if the noise was there.

Took a while for the new M to warm up, but sure enough when it did we could hear the same noise. The only difference was that on the new M it wasn't as prominent. The head service guy said to keep an ear out to see if it gets worse and bring it in if it does.

Hats off to my dealership ... there were literally 5-6 people trying to help out. I'm a little at ease now, but I'm still a tad bit weary.

If you guys are bored try to see if you can hear the sound on your cars. GT3Tim, did you try using headphones?

Yeah, used headphones. I think their advice is good...just keep an "ear" on it and see how it goes. At least you took it in and "documented" it, so to speak.

Let us know how it goes....
2008 E90 M3 -- Sold
2004 GT3 -- Sold
1997 M3/4 -- Sold
1995 M3 -- Sold
Appreciate 0