View Single Post
      12-17-2009, 10:59 PM   #39
jopa489
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Anything with Wheels

I agree with much of what has been said here. The immaturity of this forum (mainly referring to E90Post here, not sure how things are on the M3Post side) has increased over the past several months. Some threads are just plain obnoxious, and they escalate into battles and arguments that have nothing to do with the original topic, and often not even BMW.

Still, I can name several users who have done nothing to contribute to BimmerPost in a productive way. Whether they are simply here to troll or are just so inept at common curiosity and communicating with other people is irrelevant - they are causing trouble. While smacking down the proverbial ban hammer on these users would probably make us all happy, perhaps we need to establish some ground rules for posting in the general sections of the forum to keep people on topic. Most of the issues I have seen come from threads that have little/nothing to do with BMW at all.

Lastly, I do believe the Mods are fantastic. It's not an easy job (believe me, I know) but you guys handle the task very well. Too many sites today are either run by kids or by over-aggressive administrators. BimmerPost strikes a great balance and the result is a top notch forum, even despite some little annoyances from Socal.

As for the reasoning behind all this? Simple. The huge percentage of leased BMWs in SoCal are starting to fall into the hands of kids. Laugh if you want, but it's true.

X7 LCI // Incoming
C7 ZR1 ZTK // Sebring + TRX // Hydro + Raptor Gen1 Roush // Tuxedo
Appreciate 0