sor
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2023 iX M60 Oxide

Garage List
2023 BMW iX M60  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by shockin330i View Post
Most do, not all. All people talk about is, "oh around the track my m3 is faster than your 335..." yet they themselves have never been on a track lol. You can have a baller car but if you can't drive it to its limits then it really doesn't matter...

I wouldn't be surprised if most of these people get passed by miata's with a pro drivers...

Where do most races occur? Go on youtube, when you see 335vsm3 or any other car for that matter, what comes up? Straight line races down open highways or drag strips. I don't see people pulling up to one another on the highway saying "lets race" then driving around looking for a road course....
Uh, that's because 335 owners with tunes and meth drive around looking for someone to show up (you will see this with supercharged M3s or other modded cars as well). Youtube videos really mean nothing. Unfortunately that's how most people with average intelligence or less decide what's better. In reality it's impractical to run around pushing 15-20lbs boost and meth all day, every day, just in case you run into an M3 or someone else looking to play.

I had a 335 before my M3. The ride, the sound, and the feel are worth the price difference alone. The fact that it starts out as fast as a well modded 335 on a good day is just icing on the cake.

Besides... I would hope anyone buying an M3 would be able to afford a $7-9k upgrade to get their M3 to 500-600hp or more if they wanted it. If cost is an issue in sticking to a non-M e9x, you'll likely feel the 2-3k in boost mods to get to the youtube 'M3 killer' more than the average M3 owner would a supercharger purchase.
Appreciate 0