View Single Post
      04-08-2013, 08:46 AM   #85
richb811
Rep
Drives: 2020 G20 330i M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrPig View Post
Will do. I'm more curious about the overall pricing. The momo wheel that the PO put on my e30 suuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuucks.

That's a damn shame and he doesn't deserve it. I'm so anal retentive about my e30 that my gf thinks I love the car more than her *shifty eyes*.

I agree; they're great daily drivers. Unfortunately the M20 on my e30 is 311,000 km and I don't have the time/patience/budget for a swap or a full rebuild at the moment so I limit my driving to the weekends (during late spring/summer/early fall. She sleeps in the winter).
The wheel was $350 in USD. I paid an extra $50 USD to have him do white stitching instead of the M3 Tri Color Scheme and shipping cost around $50 as well. Its also a Euro M-Tech 2 so the wheel is a little bigger than the US version

$450 may seem like a lot, but if you look at some of the new alternatives out there, like the Alpina E30 wheel, you'll be saving a bunch (That goes for $700+). Also, if you find one of these M-Tech II's and are able to pry it out of the hands of the owner, its going to be over $400 if the owner has any idea what he has. Plus re-upholstering is going to be a PAINNN

My wife definitely thinks I love "Kylie" more than her. When she found out how much the restoration cost... well lets just say she wasn't happy.

Sounds like your M20 lasted longer than mine! Ours spat a valve into the cylinder which is why we swapped in the S52. I'm trying to find the photo...
Appreciate 0