12-17-2009, 03:46 AM   #44
MFlight
Let's Race
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2010 BMW M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike@Powerchip View Post
I do not have any DINAN vs PC charts, but can give you the info of a few customers of mine that switched and you can ask them what they think.

I used to have DINAN Stage I ECU software on my E60 M5.

We can remove the check engine light at the customers request.

Our flashes are through the OBD II port and program both sides of the ECU. Our flash kits are said to be released shortly, and will allow the customer to purchase a cable and use their laptop to upload our tune into their car. Although these are supposed to arrive soon, I am not sure exactly when.

Depending on the car and ECU family, it may require a replacement chip or chips or it may allow an OBD II program. Sometimes a BDM program is the only way to do it - this procedure is a bit more in-depth than the other two. In the case of the M3, the OBD II flash is the best way to go on the E46 and E9X models.
I like being able to upload a tune through the OBII port, especially if we only need to get an approrpiate cable and use the Latop. This way we could datalog if necessary and send the information back for analysis. I used to do this all the time with my GT500. Lund racing would send me a tune. I would upload it to the Shelby then do a couple of runs while datalogging. After sending the info back he could then adjust the A/F and timing accordingly. The potential is there.

2010 BMW M3 Coupe
Alpine White - DCT
Appreciate 0