09-19-2013, 09:37 AM   #88
kawasaki00
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: SG-E92 ESS-650 BPM Tune

Quote:
Originally Posted by aussiem3 View Post
One of the local master technicians met with the senior /// engineer from Germany. The word is that BMW acknowledges that there is bearing issue due to tight clearance. But BMW will assess each failure on a case-by-case basis and extend a goodwill warranty cover. The catch is that, the car must have an ongoing dealership service history, at least oil changes, to confirm factory spec oil and filter have been used each time. If this is the case, regardless of the miles or years, BMW will help owners out.

I've heard this from a very reliable third party. I am just putting it out there for information only. No flame please.

Also the same /// engineer was quoted saying, hang on to the ///3s with S65 engines because it's last of the /// cars with /// DNA and built at the /// centre (I don't know much about this one). All current and future /// cars including 3, 5 and 6 will be series builds along with other non-/// cars.
I hope this is true, but I am not going to take a chance of MAYBE they will cover it just because I let the dealership do the oil changes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by aussiem3 View Post
The master tech know the real reason behind the tight clearance having heard from this /// engineer. But he won't share it with me.

I am in the same boat with regard to the servicing. The car hasn't seen the dealership since it went out of warranty. But I am thinking now, whether I should take it for an oil service every now and then just so that they have a record of oil visits.
The real reason is because they screwed up and they dont want to admit it.