View Single Post
      08-04-2009, 02:08 PM   #9
E90RYANJB
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90

Quote:
Originally Posted by TWiTCHY View Post
There is no "best setting" unless it pertains to a particular type of photography. Sports - I would just do P since that allows you to shoot quickly with some flexibility in your aperture and shutter speed settings. Portraits - A so you can vary the DoF. Landscapes - M for tricky lighting situations where the camera can't meter correctly.

If you're wanting to take clear, sharp, photos, look into getting an SB-600 flash. That thing solved all of my indoor shots problems. Used to use a D60 + 18-55mm VR + SB-600. That thing made such sharp photos. Could have been better had I been using a 50mm f/1.8.

For outdoor, in the daylight, I would find it impossible to produce blurry photos unless you're shooting at a tiny aperture like f/22. I just keep my aperture around the f/2.8-f/8 range no matter the situation or environment.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jzhang View Post
I use A a lot because it sets the speed for me, I use M when I am in a setting which gives me more free time to adjust everything. S I will use only when I need know what speed I need to adjust to, rarely though.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TWiTCHY View Post
Most of the time I just shoot on A...I don't know why though, haha!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr_Jones View Post
overlay sounds like an awesome feature.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PNF View Post
me 2. I'm on Aperture in general.

However, in in-door shoot, if I have my flash on, I shoot M and set it right to compensate my flash.

It depends.

I dont use S a lot, simply because A often solves the problem for me.

At first I use M at all times, but I found that would make me "miss" many of the shots that I want.. thus I use A a lot more now.

Oh, the pre-set settings are pretty useful too I found. I used the "sports" and "landscape" and they are pretty close to the setting I'd want if I were in M. (usually anyway).

(PS. i use Canon, but they're the same)

thanks for all the info guys!
Appreciate 0