07-09-2012, 03:59 PM   #146
PrimoM3
Chemofski
United_States
Rep
Drives: '13 X5M

Quote:
Originally Posted by cme View Post
I said I have owned a dozen.....including 4 E30 M3's, various E36s, E39, E60. I still have in my possesion a 90 M3 Sport Evo, 72 02tii, and E39 540i.

Just for perspective.....why would BMW NA sell a "fake" GTS w/o any of the go-fast parts. What do you think.........Motorsports......Wrong.

Chet
You're arguments are ridiculous. So, because the brakes after heavy track use the car is all marketing? Pssht! And because the Limerock is orange it's a fake GTS?? WTF? Where do you come up with this stuff? BMW didn't clai it was a GTS. It's a special trim package on an ALREADY competent sport coupe that still butchers the competition 6 years into its lifecyle. Your argument was about the cars being all marketing, not whether the older ones were more "pure".

And yes, I've tracked all of my cars aside from my first Jetta at age 16 many moons ago. My e92 is awaiting production and I will be tracking the car at Laguna and T-Hill after break-in on the Nurburgring in September.

'13 Space Gray/Mugello Red X5///M
Pavement Punisher | Snow Muncher | Family and Board Hauler | Roadtripper
Appreciate 0