View Single Post
      12-07-2012, 10:58 PM   #117
bvanderbilt
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2011 E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by US///M3 View Post
How about takin BMW NA to a small claim court? It's fairly easy to do, you can file for as much ten grand claim.
I have no relationship or contact with BMW NA; my sole experience with BMW is through this dealership -- therefore I will start with the dealership. There are three trial lawyers in my immediate family alone; I am no stranger to litigation. The sad thing is I had/have an excellent working relationship with this dealer at least on the sales side, as I never needed much in the way of service prior, and as I've said, have a habit of buying a new M-car every two years. I would like to preserve the relationship.

It's my impression that the dealer/regional FSE may actually be truly unaware of the frequency of differential bolt failures reported on these cars -- and that's why they've resorted to trying to find "something" to blame. The only time the techs weren't staring at the ground is when they told me they'd never seen this before; so I do believe them.

Effective litigation inevitably results in hurt feelings and should only be a last resort. I am hoping lower levels of escalation are effective.
Appreciate 0