View Single Post
      05-14-2013, 12:54 PM   #15
klammer
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 11 spc gry m3 e90, 19 X5

Quote:
Originally Posted by swartzentruber
Sorry Klammer we never got a chance to really meet. I think I ended up waving to you when I was leaving for the day. Yes, weather was quite crappy, particularly the sleet. Not sure if I'd do RA again in May.

Not sure if you saw, I ended up sidelined for most of the day, with a loose oil hose fitting in my engine, after dropping practically all of my oil in the paddock. Luckily it was in the paddock, and I was going really slowly when I discovered the issue, and got it turned off right away. Also very lucky it was not on the track. I was able to borrow some tools and get it retightened, and after putting almost 5.5 qts of oil in, seemed to be okay. I was talking to Carson up in the tower (head RA safety guy), and his favorite saying seemed to be "Murphy is a racing fan". I will be so happy to have a weekend where something doesn't go wrong.

I will likely try to make the July Laps weekend event, unless work interferes. I did think they were a great group to run with, and would highly recommend them to anyone considering their event.
Yeah, that was me. I had walked over to your car when it was on ramps and heard what had happened, that's a bummer Love RA and Shawn who runs LAPS is a great guy. Hopefully see you there in July or sooner