View Single Post
      12-22-2010, 04:34 AM   #57
jojogoya88
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 E90 M3 IB

So i went over there yesterday afternoon. I requested to take a ride with a shop tech to go over the car. I get in the car, start it up, and the sound from the engine is still there. I pop open the hood (and the engine bay is clean...per my request) with the shop tech foreman (this guy Joe, who is extremely nice and knowledgeable).

He said it sounds like a pulley/belt, and that something could possibly be rusted because of the salt from water damage. He reassured me that he would take in the car right after i left to let it cool down and find out what it was as soon as possible. After the test drive, the sound diminished quite a bit. Popped open the hood and there was a drop of oil coming from the cap. The Tech said he would check that out too and replace it no problem.

So i should get a call today, crossing my fingers, because i want to get this car back and install this exhaust. I just hope Paul does something so that if we were to go through insurance AGAIN for any parts needed...that my car would come back within a reasonable time.

thanks