12-19-2010, 01:06 AM   #47
foosh
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 M3 E93

Quote:
Originally Posted by jojogoya88 View Post
Oil Fill cap was on correctly, im positive of it. The mechanic showed me that it had to be something that broke/popped, thus leaking oil everywhere.
In that case, the engine likely experienced water ingestion. You clearly seemed to realize that that the grinding noise so apparent in your video was not normal. That was a a metal on metal sound, which strongly suggests internal engine damage, and I assume it wasn't there before you went underwater.

While your treatment by the dealer sounds horrible based upon your account, I'm not sure they are the only guilty party here. Your insurance company may have fingerprints on this too. However, I would have hoped that the dealer would have suspected the possibility of engine damage, checked for it, and communicated that to you, as well as any indication that your insurance company was balking.

The dealer was clearly awful in communicating with you openly and honestly, but you should also suspect that your insurance company may be trying to escape on on the cheap. A lawyer can help you with that. If an engine replacement was required it would have been very close to a total.