E46 + E90 + F80
Rep
Drives: E46 + E90 + F80

Garage List
2009 BMW M3  [0.00]
2002 BMW M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Templar View Post
You're right. There is a combo with D300 and D301 that is very nice. You can then apply a glaze or wax after that, or a sealant.

On my very first detail of my M3, I tried D300 and D301. I used the cutting and finishing MF pads from Meguiar's too for those steps. I then applied a CG glaze and finally some Jetseal from CG. I was pretty satisfied, but the amount of effort and time it took to do all of those steps was a rough for my first time. I was happy with the results, but it can be pretty time intensive.

If you are looking for multiple steps, I would recommend D300 with a cutting MF pad from Meguiar's, followed by AF Tripple on maybe a medium polish pad (or even a finishing polish pad), then seal with Tough Coat with a sponge applicator. You will be very happy with the results. I found this combo worked wonders on my girlfriend's Chevy Malibu. I'd say about 90%-95% of the defects were removed, others were either too deep and into the paint or needed a harsher abrasive compound.

If that is too much work, use Tripple on a cutting pad followed by Tough Coat and call it a day. You'll still get some outstanding results, probably 85% or more reduction in defects. It's much faster.

I really can't say enough about Tough Coat. It is a fantastic product. Easy to apply and easy to buff. You won't need to reapply for a while either. I've forgotten how long it's been since I put it on my truck (it's been that long) and water still beads on my truck like it was applied yesterday!
Great feedback and a nice perspective comparing two different lines of products!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HREM3 View Post
I guess I need to try this Auto Finesse stuff. You guys seem to like it a lot.
There are so many great products out there from different companies. Like I said before and what Templar may be alluding to, the beauty of the AF stuff is that it really is just so user friendly!
Appreciate 0