07-10-2012, 11:12 PM   #206
eisenb11
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 E92 M3 SSII

Quote:
Originally Posted by KTM505SX View Post
Lot's of true statements in the article. I remember back when I used to lust after M3's and M5's in the 80's 90's and even as recently as e9x era because M cars were rare and special.Now almost every car BMW makes has an M variant.I'm quickly loosing interest in what BMW is doing and looking back at Porsche smiling.This will be my last M car sadly,I will keep it forever,but will buy a Porsche GT3 once again in the next few years
+1. As much as I love BMW, ///M really is headed towards ///Marketting. The E9X is a great car, but I fear what's coming. Already it's being stated that the F30 cars are *almost* as good as the E9X cars that they replaced. While powerful, the new M5 has lost some of the beautiful steering that ///Ms are known for... don't even get me started on the artificial engine sounds. C&D who are total BMW fanboi's even placed it lower than competing offerings from MB and Audi (I believe the comparo was with the E63 AMG and S6). The next M3 will not be N/A and now we know that it'll also lose hydraulic steering completely. It'll be lighter... but it's also going to be bigger.

I'll keep an open mind, but I don't like what I'm seeing. Next time around, I'll likely be seriously considering Porsche and MB AMG in addition to BMW ///M.
Appreciate 0