2011 E92 M3  [9.35]
2014 BMW i3  [10.00]
Thanks guys.

Quote:
Originally Posted by e92m3aw6mt View Post
What happened to your last motor?
Quote:
Originally Posted by AP3X_FTW View Post
Great stuff OP, thanks for sharing. Love this track, and cant wait to hit it again this year with the 5 mile config.

BTW, were you victim to the rod bearing issue? Details...
Yes I believe so. I had 61k miles on my car. I got a check engine light one day when I was just getting on the freeway. Pulled off and into a parking lot and the motor wouldn't turn after I turned it off. The dealership saw metal shavings in my oil filter and basically said the motor is gone. I have an extended warranty, but they initially denied it because they said I "abused" my car by taking it to the track (they researched and found all my youtube videos).

From the marketing side, the M3 is designed for track use, but when it comes to the dealerships and warranty claims, proof of your car being at the track is used against you. The only thing that changed their mind was the fact that I have been such a big BMW customer over the last few years (I bought 7 brand new BMW's in the last 5 or so years) so they considered it a "good will" replacement. So I'm happy and will continue to buy BMW's because they are great cars, but I'll never buy another new BMW with intentions of taking it to the track.
Appreciate 0