01-29-2015, 03:35 PM   #5
jolette
Hammer_Down!!
United_States
Rep
Drives: e92 M3 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by radiantm3 View Post
So I haven't been to the track since last September. My motor failed in the fall and I was without my car for a few months. The new motor was recently broken in...just in time for my first track day of the year. Thunderhill finished building a whole new 2 mile test track on the west side which can be connected to the east side for a total of 5 miles, and the west side is glorious. Just wanted to share a few photos taken by gotbluemilk.com and a video of my best lap of the day. Lots of time left on the table (as you can see by the sloppy lap), but I was just glad to finally get out there again.

And yes, I even got to drive a few laps in a friend's 991 GT3! It is everything I have dreamed of, but I quickly realized that the GT3 (at least the current gen) is way too much car for my skill level. I only drive with DSC off at the track and running with traction/stability control totally ruins the experience for me. With the nannies on the GT3 was very easy to drive, but I felt the system working and I'm afraid the car might be too much with the nannies off. I think if I ever decide to upgrade to a Porsche, I should be on the lookout for a 996 GT3.

Great pics looks like a real good time. Just curious, what caused the engine failure?
Appreciate 0