View Single Post
      07-22-2012, 09:18 AM   #1
mark896
Warrant Officer
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 E92 335is

Thumbs up Remotely tuned by Mike Benvo

Finally getting the chance to write my review on an impressive customer service experience by Mike Benvo. I had my 2011.5 E92 M3 coded by him about a month ago, and was so blown away by the amount of knowledge the guy has on our cars that last week I had him remotely tune the engine as well.

Other than an AA filter and the OEM exhaust mod, my car is stock. I gave Mike the exact parameters of the way I drive, as well as the modifications performed, and also the gas that we have out here (93 octane). From start to finish, it took about 30-45 minutes.

The car should have came this way from the factory. The acceleration pulls harder over the ENTIRE tachometer, and really screams on the top end. I don't have a dyno near me or else I would've performed before/after pulls and posted the sheets. But the car performs MUCH different from stock, even the exhaust note is different. I expected a reduction in mpg, but there is none, if anything the car might actually be MORE efficient.

I had him delete the cold start, change the redline on cold startup (comes down to 4500rpm when the oil is really cold, which keeps the kid at the stealership from tearing up your engine while he's hot-rodding it around town) and remove the top speed limiter. He asked if I wanted my redline raised but I declined. Mike also tweaked the aggressiveness of the Normal, and Sport throttle mapping modes. I no longer have to constantly run around in Sport mode and burn that LED up on my panel (I'm OCD about that, for some reason).

If anyone is on the fence on who should tune your car, Mike's flash tune is efficient, demanding, and CUSTOMIZED to your car and setup. Give him a call, text, or email and I promise, you will be blown away at the quality of customer service and tech support from the guy. I wish he was still on this board, m3post.com has done itself a disservice.
Appreciate 0