01-06-2009, 08:50 AM   #19
SlammedR8
Major General
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2019 X5 40i/2020 R8 V10 Spyder

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMMorish View Post
From now on I only deal with Maranello. Bruno the sales manager and I have become good friends and the parts guys give me 15% off all parts. Besides, it's right near my home so it's easier for me to deal with them anyhow.

Maranello BMW FTW!!!
Maranello has their own issues too, every dealership does. From what I know, the guys aren't so experienced at Maranello. If I had a real engine/tranny or any drivetrain problem, I would most defintely make the drive up to Open Road BMW, before taking it to Maranello. Trevor (the shop foreman @ Open Road) is a genius and knows what he is doing. Maranello is much closer to me too, for an oil change or a small problem I would go there just because Open Road is 50+km away from me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMMorish View Post
I know that guy too. He's probably the only good guy at that dealership.

My question is; if the M burns 1 liter of oil every 1000km and the car recommends oil changes every 15000km (or whatever according to the way the car is driven), won't the car be without oil by the time you get an oil change? I mean is it the responsibility of the owner to keep filling the car up with oil?

BTW, I only have 3990km on my car but I plan on doing the oil change every 5-7K and not follow the recommended oil change schedule.
Yes, it is your responsibility, as the owner/operator of the car to top of the oil, if you can find a BMW dealer who will top you off for free, then great, if not it is your responsibility to buy the oil and top it of.
I asked Trevor, and he said that Autohaus has the right to deny it, because they have to pay for that oil. They don't HAVE TO top you of for free apparently

Trevor recommened that I do ONE oil change in between the recommened 20 000 km intervals, so do one every 10 000 km. I dont know if you should do one every 5000km-7000km.

Is your car leased or bought? To me, that would be the deciding factor in how often to do an oil change.
2020 Audi R8 V10 Performance Spyder 6MT - Ascari Blue/Black
Appreciate 0