View Single Post
      03-18-2009, 11:17 AM   #34
jm1234
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E90 M3 Jet Black/Tan/SA 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by WERKE View Post
Hi guys, I have a 335 coupe for 2 years and I'm really happy with this car desing, comfort, power ... everything is there. But you see, I am unable to resist M3 when I see one. What are the reasons that should help me decide ... please no stupid answers.
#1, can you afford an M3? If not, then stop right now because nothing anyone can say will change that fact.

If you can afford it, then every aspect of the car is better than a 335 with one exception...gas mileage.

Start with interior, the leather is a much better grade. Knobs, buttons and stitching are higher quality.

Engine, this is the weak area. The M3 engine is clearly an engineering marvel but from a practical perspective it's only marginally better than the 335 engine. From a reliability perspective I believe that the M3 engine will run longer and with less trouble but time will answer this.

Handling, the M3 offers suspension, throttle, steering and DSC options, better tires, better suspension geometry, reinforced suspension geometry for increased durability, better brakes (but still not good enough if you drive the car closer to it's limits).

Body, the M3 offers a distinctly different look that you can decide yourself if you like better.

Sound, the M3 offers higher quality audio as well as better exhaust sound. Of course this too is subjective but evaluate it.

Performance, the M3 offers faster engine response, quicker turn in and better braking. It will feel more lively and more stable and faster speeds. It will get you to 60 faster, through a slalom faster and around a track faster.

If you can afford an M3 then you should be comparing the M3 to the C63, CTS-V and IS-F. Don't compare an M3 to a 335 because they are not competitors. With the exception of gas mileage, it's really a question of if you feel it's worth the money to step up to a better car? Evaluate the better cars and then decide.
Appreciate 0