First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 M3, E46 m3, Z4 M Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drifty//
Quote:
Originally Posted by WangTa View Post
Note this guy is from BOSTON, home to some of the worst pot holes known to man!
That's not the point.

OP, himself, said:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evolved M3 View Post
the pothole/manhole was not some crazy big thing like you guys probably think it is. I took a picture that day. Here it is below. As you can see, it is not large at all and driving straight forward, you probably would not even think it would cause damage. This is more of reason that its something wrong with the wheel itself.
And:
Quote:
I was planning on selling them as 20" was too large for my area
And in spite of numerous people telling him the wheels are obviously crap and that no properly built wheel should do that, he goes on to say this:
Quote:
Guess i gotta keep trying to go after the county, maybe it's time to contact the news like someone mentioned here.
And this:
Quote:
Hopefully others like yourself will read this before posting uselss comments.
Op needs to man up and accept that he got sold defective/unfit wheels. He had the option of dealing with this when he bought the car, but he accepted the wheels as is. He knowingly took a risk by running them, even though he knew they weren't fit for the roads. Although he didn't know how much of a risk, since he never bothered to research that make & style of wheel. He should just be glad that no injury or further property damage occurred.

Instead, he keeps talking about trying to go after the county. Even though he and everyone else seems to agree that it was a bad wheel with inadequate sidewall. Then, he complains about unsympathetic comments, calling them unhelpful (they're not unhelpful: most/all are telling him what he needs to know - that the wheel is bad).

Finally, he still intends to sell them on to the next sucker. IMO, the only place he should sell them is to a scrap metal dealer, where he could get about $50 per wheel. That's what I'd do, anyhow. Not the main point of my reply.

If you want to side with OP, fine. I'm just saying people who go through life thinking that everything bad that happens to them is the fault of somebody else, and that someone should pay for their misfortune, get no sympathy from me and are going to get a wakeup call sooner or later.
Drifty - man, I'm on your side. I only referenced your location to inference that you likely know bad roads and thus have the right mentality when thinking about equipping your car with the "proper" equipment. You'd be amazed by some of the people out here in LA, where cars are a way of life.

I'm from New England as well and yeah, I'd never drive with this type of wheel on the roads in Vermont. That would just be asking for trouble!
Appreciate 0