ragingclue
One cam is enough
Rep
Drives: VF

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYCGP View Post
Here we go again.... Staffords hurt.
Good.

There was a point in the SF game where he quit caring. What little emotion he used to show, is non-existent anymore. I'm pretty sure the breaking point was one of the sacks from Backus's side (I believe there were 11 pressure stats from his position alone that game). He went down and gave Backus the WTF stare and from that point on, he just didn't look like he cared. Even on the last drive of the game, no "damn it!" or "fuck!".... Like I've said before, no one outside of certain Jay Cutler episodes have I ever seen that emotionless as a QB.

Backus sucks. He's turrible. Add that to the fact that Cherilus, Peterman, and Raiola are also garbage at pass protecting, and you can see why we struggle against teams who have good DEs. They've figured out they can line up incredibly wide, and we probably can't do shit about it because when we run, we've got backs that are just terrible (minus Best I guess, but he's not a workhorse either). Losing Leshoure to that injury was the worst thing that could happen to this team. The Ronnie Brown trade would have been good because at least then our RB could actually physically punish LBs and safeties when they have to fill the gaps vacated by DEs and that are pushed out wide to optimize the pass rush.

Fortunately or unfortunately, that trade didn't pan out. Best should sit out at least the rest of the season for his own good.

Stafford has become a scared little bitch back there, probably for good reason. However, it has caused him to not set his feet in the pocket, and he's doing his best impression of Joey Happy Feet Harrington back there, throwing off his back foot and just looking way too uneasy.

The pass protection and Stafford are why we started 5-0 and their coordinated collapse are why we're 0-2 since then (despite the Vikings success rushing the passer, but they sucked too much to have it make a difference). Hopefully this injury allows Stafford to sit against the Broncos and then for the bye. Maybe he'll come back rejuvenated and not worrying so much about the worst blind side OT in the history of the NFL....

Hill did OK last year. I thought he was pretty good. Definitely better than Stafford over the past couple of games.... I think he deserves a shot, and Stafford needs to be reminded that he's no auto-lock as the starter. I think he's got the golden child syndrome, so much hype about how great he was going to be once healthy... well... he hasn't proven shit yet.
Appreciate 0