View Single Post
      07-07-2011, 06:07 PM   #1
AlteredBe4st
First Pride
Rep
Drives: M4

Cadillac CTS-V Coupe

Well this past week I decided to finally test drive the CTS-V coupe after all the hype on this vehicle; Well I must say that the design is different, def stands out more than the M3 in my opinion, the seats are very suportive as is the overall interior design (nice) better than the M3 dated look. But I must say that with 556 hp and 551 lb-ft of torque I felt that it would have totally made the M3 feel slow, but I was very disappointed by the power I drove off feeling that as I hit the gas I would lose traction and be sucked back in the seats but nothing and yes the traction control was off and the sport mode on. The power delivery is different the CTS-V power torque from the start and the M3 power as it revs, the M3 felt more like a track vehicle and the CTS-V more like a touring Vehicle. I tested an automatic and must say that the automatic transmission is crap, hopefully the 6spd manual trans is a better choice but they did not have one on the lot, The vehicle did feel stable at high speeds but I could feel the 4254 lb weight, I also felt that the M3 brakes were better; might be due to the weight of the CTS-V, Overall I did not go through with the purchase and felt even better about my M3.

Any one have or drove a CTS-V coupe with a manual transmission what are your thoughts? again this is just my impression of the vehicle just did not wow me.
Appreciate 0