01-24-2011, 11:49 AM   #20
Chowster
E60_to_E90
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2011 E90 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandye90m3 View Post
So this coverage. I have it as well, I'm just wondering what does it cover. Because I had actually hit a curb slightly and it cause a nice "half-wheel-rash". Would that cover my damage that I have? Also, I have 20,000KM on my m3 and my tires are going bald very soon would that be covered? Or do I have to wait until a certain mileage?
Technically, it should only cover road hazard damage to wheels and tires - most commonly nails, screws, and potholes. Curb rash isn't covered, nor is regular wear and tear on your tires.

However, saying that, the "new" Canadian coverage (not sure as of what date) does include one freebie wheel in the first 12 months (or maybe it's 24 months), no matter how it was damaged.

And don't go hammering a nail into your bald tires... there has to be a certain minimum tread depth for it to be eligible for replacement.
Appreciate 0