View Single Post
      02-19-2010, 06:27 PM   #37
Xuningshen
Registered
Rep
Drives: Lexus IS350

Quote:
Originally Posted by KANdaddy View Post
Wow, after reading that the gheyness factor for me went up about 4000%. I'd be 1000 times more proud to own a stock Prius than any of these "rides".
I guess you BMW guys arn't fans of air suspension, its cool. You sure your not thinking hydrolics?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TLud View Post
For those cars that were completely repainted and still look off, that clearly means that the body kits weren't prepped properly before painting. And it's not an issue of angles and light reflection or else sides of the cars would look off, not just the body kits. Trust me, I understand how tricky it is to get the paint matched perfectly and for kits to get fitted perfectly. I have an aftermarket front bumper myself. You have to get a high quality product, which are expensive, you have to get a very experienced high-end paint shop, and you have to have a body shop that knows how to line everything up just right. And all of that is not cheap, but do it right or not at all.

You can tell the ones in your pictures that were done properly. For example, I actually think the cars in pics 5 and 6 look good.

I can appreciate the fact that some people really like the slammed on bags with crazy negative camber and blingtastic wheels look, even though it's not for me at all. I also understand that a lot of work and time went into these cars, so my apologies if my first post came across as too critical.
thanks for the input. Its nice to see someone appreciate how someone takes the time and work it takes to get the perfect offsets(i know for sure a couple of them are running either 0, or positive offsets), perfect stretch on the tires, fender modifications and how much work it takes to run air suspension, tucked when fully slammed yet flush when air'd up. It takes alot of work to get your car sitting like my friend's does(white Junction produce GS). and running that setup everyday, up keeping it alot of work also.

Most of the work on these cars was done by their owners themselves(i know of at least a few), not shops, so they take pride in their work even if its not up to other people's standards. I'm sure all you BMW guys make bank but thats not necessarily the case for all the lexus owners, especially the older generation SC's and GS's. considering those cars are almost a decade old.

Last edited by Xuningshen; 02-19-2010 at 06:37 PM..
Appreciate 0